And they will know we are Christians by our Love

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A New Commandment I Give You

Her Name Was Becky!

Sometimes we get discouraged and we feel there is nothing good or worthwhile in this world; but, know that the Light from Heaven is still shining. That Light that lights every man that comes into this world IS STILL SHINING!!! He shines in simple ways like when we take time out of our busy lives to share His love with a stranger by smiling or sharing our blessings. He is shining in those that seek His face and His will. Let the Lord lead you today; ask Him to guide you and He will lead you to someone who is letting His light shine. That's what happened to me today. He used someone and her name was Becky.

Oh How I Love Jesus!

Oh how I Love Jesus He never leads me astray. Today, Mother and I were out for a little drive again. I was just following the directions of the Spirit of Truth. He told me turn right, turn left, turn left, turn right, go straight and etc. I ended up in front of a beautiful house and as I parked the car, my mother pointed out a man that was walking around the yard. I was looking for the owner. I got out of my car and called to the man. Well, it didn't take long for me to recognized that he was not the owner but the meter man. He was looking for the meter. So, I continued my search and I ended up near something that looked like a barn. The meter man and I met again. I told him that I was looking for the owner and he directed me to the front door. However, my attention was fixed on the barn. Then, I heard someone coming out of the "barn" and I greeted her and told her that the meter guy was looking for the meter. She wasn't sure where it was so he soon went on his way.

The Light of Jesus Was Shining!!!

As the meter guy left me standing alone with the woman, I told her that I was looking for the owner. She said she was the owner and told me her name. I began to express my feelings about the house and we chatted for a bit. She was very warm and it was a pleasure conversing with her even though we didn't really talk about much. I noticed she had an elegant but simple cross hanging on a chain around her neck. This woman (Becky) was very pleasant and friendly. After we talked for a bit, I told her why I wanted to find her. I wanted some avocados from her tree. She smiled and said "Yes"; she told me that she appreciated me asking instead of "just taking them". I told her that I don't like it when people take fruit from our yard without asking either. As we continued talking, Becky asked me if I was a Christian and I told her "Yes". I asked her if she was a Christian and she said "yes" also. We hugged and I felt the presence of the Lord. I didn't say anything but my heart was just Deeply Moved. She welcomed me back again as we parted, and then, we hugged again. God Blessed Me Today. I will not forget Becky. I got a few avocados and went on my way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emeka said...

Do you think it would be better to just have one blog?

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home